We are on a mission to find similar people that want to create a work environment filled with positivity and a passion for quality early education.
Working at PPS, you will be exposed to a mission greater than our four walls, this is not your normal career move.
We use the Reggio Emilia approach to early childhood education and development allowing young children to learn through exploration, while developing confidence in who they are and the world around them.
Teachers will be expected to…
– provide a nurturing and safe learning environment
– create and implement lesson plans
– foster positive relationships with children and their families
– write anecdotal notes for portfolios
– complete children’s electronic daily reports.
We are a 5 Star private preschool located in Charlotte, NC.
Our hours of operation are from 7:15am to 5:45pm Monday through Friday.
Full-time Staff have the option of working either 9am-6pm Monday-Friday or 8am-6pm 4 days a week.
An updated criminal background check and NC Qualifying Letter are required for this position.
By offering extraordinary early childhood education, Providence Preparatory Preschool prepares children for life, learning, and leadership while enriching family life and the Charlotte community.
We are currently looking for an exceptional Faith Teacher to join our dynamic team!
The Faith Teacher will be expected to….
Faith Teacher Responsibilities:
- Follow the Faith Schedule for each classroom.
- Submit the plan and required materials to the Marketing and Programming Coordinator for approval two weeks in advance.
- Meet monthly with Marketing and Programming Coordinator during planning time to review lessons and share reflections on the lessons.
- Maintain purchased materials for ongoing use.
- Submit the upcoming lesson outline to the Marketing and Programming Coordinator for publication in our monthly newsletter, two weeks in advance.
- Send the Marketing and Programming Coordinator pictures of approved children and a short blurb to be posted on our social media accounts weekly.
- Attend various school events as required by the School Administrator.
Faith Curriculum and Lessons:
The curriculum is built on these core beliefs aboutfaith formation in young children:
- Play is central. Each lesson features age-appropriate creative play spaces designed to connect to a bible story.
- Repetition leads to connections. The repetition of stories helps children remember what they have learned and helps them make their own connections to their understanding of God.
- Preparation leads to predictability. Every lesson guides you in preparing your heart and the learning spaces to ensure you are ready to enjoy time with the kids.
- Stories and songs stick with us. The resources help invite kids to join in with us in an engaging way.
- Faith follows us home. We will share what we learn with our families.
The components of the faith curriculum at PPS are a bible story, an active lesson, faith exploration, and fingerplays.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains a clean kitchen, properly washes and sorts soiled dishes, and preps foods as needed. Keeps dish area free of clutter and organized.
- Sets up dish stations, including dish machines and sinks.
- Maintains clean / dry floors throughout the shift.
- Properly washes, stacks, and stores glassware, silverware, cookware, and storage containers.
- Assists in the timely storing of food deliveries.
- Maintains trash cans throughout shift and removes full trashcans and boxes at the end of each shift.
- Maintains the dry storage area and the organization of storage shelves.
- Follows the posted daily dish cleaning duties.
- Assists in food prep and any other duties set forth or requested by the chef as needed.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Customer service
- Planning and multi-tasking
- Self-motivated with a high energy level
- Verbal communication
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Childcare-related kitchen experience preferred